The law firm of Dover Miller Stone Karras & Langdale, P.C. has the combined history of two firms, the first of which began in the 1920's with Omer Franklin, Sr., and Harley Langdale, Sr. Thereafter, Homer Eberhardt joined with Franklin to form Franklin & Eberhardt. In the 1930's Ed Barham joined the firm, which became Franklin, Eberhardt & Barham. When Judge Eberhardt went on the bench of the Georgia Court of Appeals, the firm had taken on other members and in the early 60's became Franklin, Barham, Coleman, Elliott & Blackburn. By 1991, the firm was Barham Bennett Miller & Stone, which merged with the law firm of Dover Sherwood & Shelton, which had its beginning in the mid 1960's with Judge H. Arthur McLane. In 1970 J. Michael Dover joined the firm, which became McLane & Dover, and subsequently McLane Dover Sherwood & Shelton. In 1983 H. Arthur McLane became superior court judge and the firm became Dover Sherwood & Shelton.
When Barham Bennett Miller & Stone and Dover Sherwood & Shelton merged in 1991, the firm became Barham & Dover, and after the death of Ed Barham the firm evolved to its present name of Dover Miller Stone Karras & Langdale.
The firm has produced a Justice for the Georgia Court of Appeals, four Superior Court Judges, a State Court Judge, and a Municipal Court Judge.
Dover Miller Stone Karras & Langdale has deep ties to the Valdosta community and historically has and presently does serve as counsel for a number of institutions, but its primary emphasis is on service to individual clients and business entities. Real estate, estate planning, business entities, workers' compensation and domestic relations comprise the majority of the firm's activity.